Thursday, August 23, 2012

Latitude/Longitude Door Mat

After I saw this post at The Crafting Chicks for a personalized door mat, it was the perfect idea for a father's day present for my Dad and my Father-in-law.  I found the mats at Ikea (like she said in the tutorial for $10)

The door mats I made don't actually have a blurry smudge in them - I blurred out part of the longitude since it's technically an address and didn't want to risk sending any crazy stalkers to my parents or in-law's houses. :)

I cut out the words/numbers on cardstock using my Cricut and then pinned it down.  I went a little "pin crazy" but I didn't want to risk my paint leaking.  I also tried using a sponge brush, but that was horrible and not easy, so mid-way through my first door mat, I switched to a stencil brush (the circle/bristle kind that you just dab) instead of squishing it around.  It used way less paint and it was way easier and got a clean line. 

I'm so happy with how they turned out.

7 comments:

  1. Me Too! We love it and always get compliments on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We give proficient designing and top-quality Custom Cigarette Boxes and Custom Vape Packaging in the minimum possible time span and at the lowest rates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this useful tips with us. Its really useful as a new blogger....
    How to make female friends

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Thank you, thank you so much :-) !! Awesome tips.
    How to make female friends

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rolex offers a wide range of models suited for every wrist. Buy all types of Rolex Watches For Sale in London, UK at Exclusive Watches. Contact us if you have any questions regarding these watches, and learn about the latest models that are the right combination of style and performance. So don't be hesitant to place a purchase for your favorite Rolex model.

    ReplyDelete