Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Market Skirt

I've been on a sewing kick lately - 4 dresses and 1 skirt for my daughter in the last couple weeks...and something for my nephew's 1st birthday, but his momma reads my blog, so I can't blog about that yet. :)

I made one of these Market Skirts (free pattern and tutorial here) while I was pregnant with my daughter, and I thought it was easy to make and adorable, so I made one again.  I gave her a few choices of fabrics from my stash, and she picked this retro Strawberry Shortcake print.  I'm not big on "character" clothing, but this is the Original Strawberry Shortcake from my day - the 80's - and it's cute and not tacky like some character fabric can get.



Here's a close up of the pockets - I added some embroidery floss stitches for some pop - and I had cute flower buttons...thanks for cleaning out your fabric/button stash mom!

2 comments:

  1. Oh! That is so cute! And your girl is a sweetie:) Thanks for the like to the skirt. I had forgotten about that one but have it pinned now. I need to get started on some summer dresses for my Lily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute pictures of our little sweetie! I could just eat her up! I love the retro 80's skirt. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete