Thursday, October 6, 2011

2x4 Candy Corn

I saw something like this last year, but I couldn't remember where.  Then I saw this post at Someday Crafts for 2x4 candy corn and it was definitely something I wanted to make right away.  Problem was, I'm still a bit scared to use the miter saw since I almost snapped off my finger earlier this year, so I had to wait until my husband got home to cut them out. 

I ended up making a bunch - some for the ladies I visit teach, my mom, sister, and mother-in-law.  And I had a craft/play date with a friend where we made some projects while the kids played.  I also ended up keeping a couple for myself.

It was easy to paint several during the kiddos nap times as well.  I always think it looks weird to put yellow on the bottom for candy corn- it seems like it should be orange, but I looked up pics of the candy online to double check.  But I think they look cute either way.

3 comments:

  1. Those look great! I too would be scared of power tools. I don't really have access to any so I stay away from crafts that use them. Maybe someday my hubby will have a workshop with all kinds of great tools. We live near his parents who do have a workshop and all kinds of neat tools so it's not like I could never do them. If you've ever seen corn on the cob it is yellow on the outside kernels so maybe that will help you feel better about which color goes where, but there is no rule, and plenty of crafters do their own thing, but I like yours a lot! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute. Might just have to make me some of these. Candy corn is my favorite Halloween thing to decorate with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is awesome and perfect colour you select. These three colours are attractive as well as it will be best if you make a border with black colour or any dark colour. Sure it will be looks so beautiful.
    promotional pens

    ReplyDelete