Thursday, September 22, 2011

Halloween Stacker

I've always liked the stackers tied with ribbon, but I never made one before.  Here's my first attempt at one - and just in time for Halloween

I cut 2x2's into 4", 5", and 6" lengths, painted them and mod podged paper down.

I always like it when people list the fonts they used so I can try and recreate things... so here they are:

Spiders - FrankenDork
Candy Corn - Mail Ray Stuff
Pumpkins - Harrington

My favorite free font site is http://www.dafont.com/.  I like that you can type what your sample text into the text field so that as your searching for fonts, it will display your words in the selected text as they would look on your project.

10 comments:

  1. i love stackers:) these are so cute, YOu did a great job!:)
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute project!!!Did you print on scrapbook paper?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your ideas! I am trying to recreate this, but I have a limited amount of tools. Did you use a cricut or did you print onto paper from the computer and printer? It looks like with a cricut. What kind do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda and jillian... I cut vinyl on my cricut for the words. But I guess you could print on the paper too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Serena, I love this!! Can I sk, how did you recreate/cut the fonts using free fonts from the internet? I have heard of doing this, is there a software program to do this, I would love to be able to do that!!
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Kristie...I have the program "sure cuts a lot" for my cricut. Last I checked, they don't make it compatible with the cricut anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i still use my 'sure cuts a lot' with my cricut. their newer versions aren't compatible but the original version still is :)

      Delete