Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Owl Stuffie

I wanted to make an owl stuffie for my sis-in-law's baby shower.  But I looked all over blog land and couldn't find an owl pattern that I liked.  So I decided...why not draw up my own pattern?  And I love how it turned out.
 It has a long strip of fabric between the front and back so that it has dimension . . . you can kinda see that in the pic below.  I hadn't hand sewn the opening closed yet, but you get the idea.  I love all the different textures of fabric that I found in my stash - suede, corduroy, fuzzy, and felt.

3 comments:

  1. This is ironic. I was in the same predicament a couple of months ago and made my own owl pillow and it looks exactly the same. Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love him, he's adorable! You are a creative girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO CUTE!! I love how creative you are. Now I just need to build my own fabric stash....

    ReplyDelete