Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Valentine's Pillow

I was on One Pretty Thing last week, browsing through the Valentine's Roundup posts and came across this idea at Dittle Dattle.  I pretty much stopped what I was doing and made it right then and there.  And the awesome thing is she made the design into an SVG file (here) that you can import into your Cricut if you have the SCAL software.  I don't know if you can use it other ways, but this worked for me and I was so happy that I didn't have to try and replicate it - all the hard work is done!! 
I didn't have silver fabric paint, so I used black - and I like how it turned out.  I'm not a fan of the bow, but it looked like it was missing something if I just did a band of the ribbon.  I may have to coax my mom to use her machine and embroider "love" on a ribbon for me like the example did.  But until then, I just keep fixing the bow since my husband thinks a pretty pillow is one to lean on - silly man.  Pretty pillows aren't for touching.  I thought my kids would be the ones destroying the bow, but I was wrong.

I didn't want to have to store a whole pillow in my valentine's box for the rest of the year, so I just made a removable pillow cover for one of my everyday couch pillows.  That way, I only have to store the cover - much easier!  I have always referred to this tutorial when making a removable pillow cover.  They are super simple to make, but it helped getting dimensions from someone.

5 comments:

  1. I like the bow! And I am in love with this pillow...too bad I don't have a Cricut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! and I really like it done in black :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Serena,I love your blog :) So many wonderful ideas. I would love to do this pillow. I have a cricut but how would I transfer this design to my Cricut? Do I need special software? If you could help me with this dilema I would appreciate it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane...I have the software "sure cuts a lot" so I was able to transfer it to that. you could check with Carrie at dittle dattle...who made the file...to see if she did it a different way, but I think you need a type of software to use it

    ReplyDelete