Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Burlap Stars

I saw this idea on Someday Crafts several months ago and knew it was perfect for my mom for a Christmas present. 
I mod podged the burlap onto some metal star shapes and used about 50+ clothespins to keep the burplap in place around the edges while it dried.  I wish I had been able to find different sized stars so there was one big and one little, but I think they still look great.

I hope she re-ties the bows cause I'm horrible at them and she is a bow-pro!

4 comments:

  1. I love these!!! I will be watching garage sales for ugly stars this summer! thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I love your ideas. I have used many of them. We used a variation of your santa belly ornament for a Relief Society activity last month. Check it out: www.leslieslatestcreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this tutorial on making your own tin stars. http://choosetothrive.blogspot.com/2010/12/make-your-own-tin-craft-stars-from-cake.html

    ReplyDelete