Friday, December 17, 2010

2x4 Snowman

My new favorite blog is Under My Umbrella.  My "to-do" craft list pretty much doubled.  :)

Once I saw this 2x4 snowman, I knew it was destined to make it to the top of my list.  I don't have MDF for the hats like she used in the tutorial, but I have an awesome friend from church who gave me their leftover scrap wood.  So I was able to make the hats out of 2x2's and other scrap pieces.  I had the same polka dot paper she used for the hat, so that was cool.
I had enough 2x4's to make 2 of them, but then I realized I could cut them in half (so they weren't as deep) and end up with 4.  Now the tough part is deciding which one I want to keep and who to give the other 3 to.

But 4 sets of snowmen means lots of blocks to sand and paint.  And when you have a 2 year-old, they aren't snowmen  . . . they're blocks for a wall or tower to build and destroy.

7 comments:

  1. ooohhh...I think you should give one to me...he is sooo cute! Thanks for sharing him (well, the pictures I guess, will have to do)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Melinda from over at Under My Umbrella :) Thank you for the shout out. Your snowmen look fabulous! Love the colors of your blog...they are my Christmas colors this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, your Mom thinks they are really, really cute!! Just so you know :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so cute!!! also Ethan looks having fun with them too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wahoo I got one! I'll give you fabric and wood anytime if you make me stuff. :) I love it by the way, and thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to do a family of them! Make the "daddy" and "mommy" snow(wo)man with the 2x4 going the other way to make it taller, at least the bottom one. I'm going to put everyone's name on the bottom! Thanks for the idea! So cute

    ReplyDelete