Saturday, August 7, 2010

Daphne Dress Sew-a-long

My Mother-in-law got me the kit/instructions to make this "Daphne Dress" from Oh So Sassy . . . I'm so excited to make it . . . but then I opened up the instructions and they are very, very rustic. They are typed up but all the images are hand drawn and I've read it through several times and I'm still confused. I also got the Eliza Dress Pattern - and the same issue there. It's very confusing.

But guess what! I found a Sew-a-long on The Train to Crazy . . . Starting on Monday Aug 9th, she is doing a Daphne Dress sew-a-long. So I'm thrilled and hoping they have pictures to go along the way with clearer instructions. Or at least it may just be a support group to try and get the dress done.

Has anyone out there used one of their patterns before? Am I the only one that thinks they are quite "rustic"? And I'm not a beginning sewer. I make things with patterns or make my own patterns, so I'm shocked that I'm confused.

But I'm crossing my fingers that the sew-a-long will be helpful. And it couldn't have come at a better time. I just have to wait 1 more day to be able to start it. I fell in love with this dress once I saw it, so I'm dying to make it!

1 comment:

  1. this dress is STUNNING!! i'm a super new sewer...and patterns TERRIFY me!!! maybe someday...

    ReplyDelete