Monday, January 25, 2010

Record Bowl

I found this craft idea on My Naptime Crafts (love the name!!). My Dad's birthday is today and when I saw this idea, I instantly knew it would be a great gift for him. He loves records - but I didn't have any. So I made a trip to Value Village hoping they would have some good records. They had a ton of Amy Grant records, but I didn't think that would be a great one for my Dad. Then I found and Aerosmith one and B.J. Williams one that would work great.

Obviously, these won't work for food, but they can be a table topper/decoration to hold keys or other things.

I followed the tutorial, but my records weren't pliable enough to mold into the bowl shape. So instead of the suggested 200 degree setting on the oven, I had to do 250 degrees. And mine also took a little longer than her's did to soften. So, if you are going to do this craft and it isn't working, just alter the temp and/or time. I'm guessing altitude and ovens are going to affect it's pliability.


2 comments:

  1. I got one of these at Christmastime at my husband's work party. The best part? It is ORANGE! WOO WOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Cool! I seen these type of things at a bookstore here and they wanted a fortune for them...I bet your Dad loved his gift :-)

    ReplyDelete